A collection of characters, stories, and other elements
Hi, we’re Sourcegraph, the code search engine for Go and Java that lets you jump to def and find refs across all your code on GitHub. You may remember us from such developer conference liveblogs as Gophercon, FOSDEM, and dotGo.
This year, we’re excited to announce we’re liveblogging GitHub Universe!
That’s right — we’ll be writing up concise technical summaries of all the talks we can manage. For folks tuning in from home, it’s a great way to stay on top of conference proceedings efficiently throughout the day. For folks at the conference, it’s a great way to remind yourself of the key takeaways of each talk.
The task of liveblogging such a large conference will be a big undertaking, but we’ll do our best. If you’re interested in helping out, please let us know and we’ll send you instructions for contributing.
For those of you lucky enough to be at the conference, stop by and say hello! Look for the people wearing (and handing out) “Sourcegraph” T-shirts. And for those of you who are tuning in from home, keep your social media antenna pointed to @sourcegraph and this blog post — we’ll link to all liveblog recaps here.
So stay tuned for a fantastic conference with some great new tools and processes for software development. Or in the words of Steve Ballmer, “Developers! Developers! Developers! Developers!”
Developers, I say!
- Keynote by Chris Wanstrath, CEO & Co-founder, GitHub
- Bret Taylor, CEO & Co-founder, Quip
- The Police Data Initiative: Building Trust through Data Transparency
- Developing Open Source in Service to National Security
- The GitHub Flow
- YesSQL, process and tooling at scale
- gh-ost: GitHub’s online schema migrations tool for MySQL (Shlomi Noach, slides)
- GitHub Workflow Improvements
- Pains & Gains: Six Short Stories (Jason Chen, author of Quill, slides) (Quinn Murphy, Senior Systems Engineer at Netsuite, slides) (Lynn Langit, Teaching Kids Programming, slides)
- InnerSource: Reaping the Benefits of Open Source, Behind Your Firewall
- Lending Privilege (Anjuan Simmons, slides)
- Building applications to extend GitHub
- Updating our Platform to help integrators ship
- Managing GitHub at Scale
- Making online collaboration safer at GitHub
- Keynote by Nicole Sanchez & Special Guests
- How GOV.UK Changed Government
- Blurry Lines Between Individual Contributor & Corporate Backers
- Electron: Desktop Apps with Web Languages
- Code Review is an Architectural Necessity (Colin Dean, slides)
- Codifying Company Values
- Measuring the Value of GitHub Enterprise
- Making Electron Development Simpler, More Pleasant, and More Productive
- Transforming Tribal Knowledge into Learning Trees
- Crossing the Canyon of Cognizance: A Shared Adventure
- Tips & Tricks: Gotta Git Them All (Brent Beer, video, slides)
- Billions and billions of commits: Learning from open source data
- Building and Scaling a Distributed and Inclusive Team
- Crossing the Language Divide in Open Source Projects
- Building Reliability with Spokes (Patrick Reynolds, slides)
About the author
Beyang Liu is the CTO and co-founder of Sourcegraph. Beyang studied Computer Science at Stanford, where he published research in probabilistic graphical models and computer vision at the Stanford AI Lab. You can chat with Beyang on Twitter @beyang or our community Discord.