Our changelog, announcements, dev posts, and anything else we think you'll find interesting.
Felicis Ventures has invested an additional $5M in Sourcegraph, bringing our total raised to over $46M, including our $23M Series B in March 2020 led by Craft Ventures. We're seeing rapid growth in the number of companies and developers using Sourcegraph, especially as the pandemic causes dev teams to become temporarily or permanently remote. If you can't tap your colleague on the shoulder to fix or explain something, or absorb context at the watercooler or whiteboard, universal code search becomes even more important.
With this momentum and the investment, we're improving Sourcegraph to provide universal code search to every developer:
- Building cloud-hosted universal code search (right now, you need to self-host Sourcegraph to use it on private code)
- Making virtually all public code searchable on Sourcegraph Cloud by anyone (right now, it only has popular open-source projects)
- Scaling up our Customer Engineering team to help people spread Sourcegraph to the rest of their company
- Collaborating with popular open source projects to enable really good code search for each project
- Starting outreach to students and universities so students can better find answers to their code questions and more quickly learn about codebases
We're hiring for many roles (and we're a permanently all-remote company):
- Software Engineer - Frontend
- Software Engineer - Backend
- Software Engineer - Code intelligence
- Software Engineer - Distribution
- Software Engineer - Security
- Customer Engineer
- Developer Advocate
- Product Manager
- Technical Recruiter
- Sales Strategy & Operations Analyst
- Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst
- Contract Manager
- Account Executive
- And more
Want to help us build the future of coding? Apply now to work at Sourcegraph or share with your friends and former colleagues. You can also go ahead and try Sourcegraph Cloud to easily search public, open source code. Or get started searching your own code by self-hosting Sourcegraph – free up to 10 users. Please feel free to ask us questions either via posting on Twitter or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the author
Quinn Slack is the CEO and co-founder of Sourcegraph, the code intelligence platform for dev teams and making coding more accessible to more people. Prior to Sourcegraph, Quinn co-founded Blend Labs, an enterprise technology company dedicated to improving home lending and was an egineer at Palantir, where he created a technology platform to help two of the top five U.S. banks recover from the housing crisis. Quinn has a BS in Computer Science from Stanford, you can chat with him on Twitter @sqs.