- Code: Unblock yourself while coding by finding answers in the code and every bit of related information.
- Review: Review code, find problems early, and share knowledge.
- Verify: Uphold code quality standards and comply with required processes on all code changes.
- Monitor: Monitor services and quickly respond to incidents in your production environment.
- Automate: Automate error-prone and time-consuming workflows such as refactors and triage, coordinated across projects and teams.
- Manage: All of your repositories and users, configured and accessible in one place.
See product comparisons and integrations with:
- Atlassian Fisheye
- Bitbucket Cloud
- Bitbucket Server
- Google Cloud Source Repositories
(File an issue if you want us to add a page about another product.)
Summary feature comparison chart
|Sourcegraph||GitHub||GitLab||Oracle OpenGrok||Google Cloud Source Repositories|
|Basic text and file search Offers some search capabilities over code, often very limited and not tailored to core code search use cases.|
|Symbol search The ability to search specifically for function, class, and variable names, while filtering out noise from matches in non-code files, comments, and string constants.|
|Regular expressions Regular expressions (“regex”) are a powerful pattern-matching syntax used for many types of patterns found in code, such as similarly named functions, anti-patterns that should be avoided, and fuzzy matching.|
|Multi-repository regex search Regular expression search is especially useful when you can look for patterns and anti-patterns across all repositories in your organization.|
|Comby syntax A powerful pattern-matching syntax that goes beyond regular expressions and makes it easy to match common patterns in code (like balanced parens) that are hard to describe in regex.|
|Scales to 100,000s of repositories|
|Universal search Most engineering organizations have multiple repositories and code hosts. Universal search lets you search across all repositories, wherever they may be hosted, while obeying whatever permissions are defined.|
|Basic file browsing|
|Symbol outline View an outline of functions, classes, and variables defined in a code file.|
|Basic code intelligence Jump-to-definition within the same file, in some languages|
|Universal code intelligence Jump-to-definition across files and repositories, most languages|
|Provides code navigation on all major code hosts|
|Integrates with major code hosts and code review Whatever code host or code review tool is used, makes code searchable, navigable, and accessible.|
|Extensions Third-party and internal developer tools integrating directly into search and code browsing UI.|
|Code-as-data GraphQL API GraphQL API supports structured information about source code that is used to power smart internal developer tools|
|On-prem deployment Can be deployed on-premises in a deployment environment you control and which obeys the security policies you set.|