We are looking for a seasoned sales professional with a background of selling technical solutions into large accounts to join our growing team as we move deeper into the enterprise market. We are looking for motivated, hardworking Account Executives who can sell a technical product with integrity and conviction.
We’re still a young team, so each member plays an integral role in building the foundation of our future sales organization. Your primary role will be to drive revenue growth, and to be on the main lines of evangelizing our platform to engineering organizations everywhere, across all verticals. Despite our success thus far, in many ways we are just getting started - this role is an amazing opportunity for an experienced enterprise sales professional to make a massive impact quickly.
- Handle the full sales cycle to consistently meet and exceed pipeline and revenue objectives
- Understand the superpowers that Sourcegraph provides a development organization, and create compelling strategies to align Sourcegraph value to their goals, needs, and objectives
- Identify champions, influencers, and key stakeholders in the decision process, and build trusted advisor relationships with them to help bring more engineering organizations onto the Sourcegraph platform
- Leverage a consistent sales process to continuously build and move pipeline forward (while regularly and accurately capturing updates and pipeline forecasts)
- Develop and negotiate complex enterprise level proposals and contracts
- Collaborate cross-functionally with our Customer Engineering, Product, Legal and Engineering teams to successfully drive technically unique or complex Enterprise deals forward to completion
- Work with our product team to be the voice of the customer and bring market insights to our roadmap
- Deliver customer feedback to our teammates, including our engineers (who are the most customer-driven engineers you’ll ever see–they care about making customers happy and closing deals!)
- 5+ years enterprise technical sales experience, SaaS preferred
- Proven track record of exceeding sales quotas, while leading with empathy
- Experience selling products with ASP >= \$100k
- Stellar interpersonal, presentation, verbal, and written communication skills, across all levels and personas (be it with a developer, a CTO, another salesperson, or anyone in-between)
- Proficiency with software development concepts
- Passionate about our mission and the potential for developers to improve the world
- Selling developer products and working closely with developers
- Converting freemium or trial usage to large commercial contracts
- Experience with complex multi-year contracts
- Proficiency with security, licensing, and compliance requirements
Learn more about us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our handbook.
You apply here.
We set up a 15-minute video chat with you about Sourcegraph to find out if there’s a high level fit.
We schedule a mock customer pitch with two teammates.
We schedule 3 hours of remote interviews over video chat across multiple days.
- Interview 1: an existing AE on the team (1 hour)
- Interview 2: a member of our Customer Engineering team (30 minutes)
- Interview 3: a deeper dive with our VP of Sales (1 hour)
- Interview 4 (CEO/CTO): We ask you about what motivates you to do your best work, and we tell you more about the vision for the company (30 minutes)
We check your references.
We make you a job offer.
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.
Go back to the careers page for all open positions.