Financial planning & analysis
We are looking for the first hire on our finance team. You will help establish the accounting and financial systems and processes we need to succeed and grow as a Series B start-up.
Our team and our sales are growing fast—we’ve proven strong product-market fit, with wall-to-wall usage, Net Promoter Scores above 60, and tens of thousands of paid daily active users at some of the world’s premier development teams (Uber, Yelp, Lyft, SoFi, Quantcast, and many more).
You will help us build the financial and accounting systems to manage our growth.
In the first 30 days you will…
- Go through a week-long training program on our product, our value propositions, our customers, our team, and our processes.
- Dive deep into our financials, our OKRs, our business metrics, and all of our systems for measuring and tracking all of the above.
- Meet our external accounting team and each of our internal organization leads.
- Take ownership of our monthly reporting, A/P, and A/R efforts.
- Run an evaluation of our tooling and propose a recommendation for improvement to a key system.
In the first 90 days you will…
- Use existing materials to build a quarterly 1-year and 3-year forward-looking models to be shared with our Board of Directors on an ongoing basis
- Work with our go-to-market operations and business operations team.
- Take ownership of our quarterly (and annual) financial planning and help us establish an internal budgeting process.
- Be deeply involved if/when any strategic finance discussions arise, including fundraising, M&A, debt financing, and more.
- Take on at least one strategic initiative to improve our financial systems and processes.
- An excitement for software development and our mission to make it so that everyone can code (no training as an Engineer required).
- Demonstrated background in strategic and operational finance roles (Finance, Business Operations, or Accounting at a technology company, Consulting, etc.).
- Deep understanding of B2B SaaS companies and B2B SaaS economics, including familiarity with metrics and concepts such as ARR/MRR, churn, LTV, CAC, gross margins, and more.
- Comfort navigating, preparing, and interpreting financial statements (no CPA or formal certifications required).
Learn more about us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our handbook.
- You apply here.
- We set up a 30 minute call to chat with you about Sourcegraph to find out what you are looking for in your next role.
- We give you a small case study project to see how you would approach the job at Sourcegraph.
- We schedule a few more hours of interviews.
- We check your references.
- We make you a job offer.
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.
Go back to the careers page for all open positions.