Director of Business Operations & Strategy
Sourcegraph’s business operations team empowers every part of the business with the data and insights, execution and project management, and strategic and business expertise that they need to make better decisions and move faster. Business operations partners with the leadership team to help define company strategy and allocate precious time and resources optimally. As the Director of Business Operations & Strategy, you will build and lead the team that helps us navigate hypergrowth efficiently as we reach every developer in the world.
You will own business and product analytics, corporate strategy, data engineering, project management, and internal consulting, and will be an important voice in all major company decisions.
Our team and our sales are growing fast—we’ve proven strong product-market fit, with wall-to-wall usage and top-tier engagement, genuine love from our users and customers, and tens of thousands of paid daily active users at some of the world’s premier development teams.
In the first 30 days you will…
- Conduct a comprehensive review of our business operations, including the metrics and goals we track, the data we collect, to systems we use, and the teams and projects we serve, and build a team growth roadmap.
- Conduct interviews with the entire executive team to understand gaps and needs.
- Work closely with and get to know our existing business operations team members (as well as the broader ops team).
- Go through an intensive training program on our product, our value propositions, our customers, our team, and our processes.
- Get your hands dirty by jumping to help with at least one project (e.g. project management for our Campaigns product release, help our Customer Engineering team define key metrics and build reporting, collect market data to inform pricing for a few feature, etc.)
- Take ownership of our internal and external reporting, as well as our business operations team goals.
In the first 60 days you will…
- Begin to build a high-agency business operations team, likely including new hires such as:
- Business Operations Analyst
- Data Engineer
- Project Manager
- Take hands-on ownership of 1–2 large-scale projects to improve or reshape our business operations playbook, to establish new reporting for teams that need it, or beyond.
- Establish plans for and document new cross-functional business operations team capabilities, including Project Management and internal consulting.
- Define new goals for the business operations team.
In the first 90 days you will…
- Continue to build our business operations capability to support our overall company growth.
- Establish the team, systems, and processes for deriving insights from Sourcegraph Cloud, in addition to our current self-hosted products.
- Contribute to our operations team-wide and company-wide goals, by actively helping other teams make better decisions and grow sales or usage of Sourcegraph.
- 5+ years in a leadership role in an analytical or consultative function, including business operations, data analytics, consulting, investing, or similar.
- Direct management experience, with a track record of building and growing successful teams.
- Demonstrated familiarity and comfort with B2B SaaS metrics, including financial metrics, growth metrics, engagement metrics, and more.
- Excitement for software development (no training as an Engineer required, but you should have an understanding of how software development happens and Sourcegraph’s value proposition).
Learn more about us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our handbook.
- You apply here.
- We set up a 30 minute call to chat with you about Sourcegraph to find out what you are looking for in your next role.
- We give you a small case study project to see how you would approach the job at Sourcegraph.
- We schedule a few more hours of interviews.
- We check your references.
- We make you a job offer.
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.
Go back to the careers page for all open positions.