What is DataOps?
Data Operations is a sub-team within Business Operations. Our responsibilities include data analytics and data engineering.
The team’s focus areas include:
- Data Reliability and Infrastructure
- Data Taxonomy
- Data cleanliness and quality
Provide data infrastructure, implementation, and analysis to enable Sourcegraph to scale as a data-driven organization.
Our focus for this fiscal year is to create a strong data foundation, ensuring our data is trustworthy, well-documented, and reliable. Specifically, we’ll focus on:
- Data consistency and reliability
- Data taxonomy and documentation
- Operational visibility
- Accessible dashboarding
Roles and responsibilities
We have defined areas of ownership for the teams involved with DataOps.
- Reporting and dashboarding
- Ownership of BI Tools
- Data taxonomy and consistency
- Pipleine creation
- Data warehousing
- Pipeline maintenance: alerting, monitoring, security
Sales and Marketing:
- Management of respective tools (e.g. Salesforce, Google Analytics, HubSpot, Zendesk)
- Day to day ownership of data collection, reporting, workflows
This diagram provides a high-level overview of the tools we use:
For more info on our data stack tools, see the analytics page.