Director of Product Marketing
We’re looking for a Director of Product Marketing to shape product positioning, storytelling, and go-to-market strategy at Sourcegraph. You will build an intuitive team that sits at the intersection of Product, Marketing, and Sales to help define market strategy, focus our product vision, and support Sales and Marketing efforts with intentional product messaging, content, and collateral.
- Provide feedback on market strategy, product vision, positioning, pricing, packaging, and roadmap.
- Own Sourcegraph’s product marketing strategy and budget.
- Create and deploy internal go-to-market processes.
- Lead GTM efforts, supporting product, sales and marketing in the launch of new products.
- Define product marketing goals and report on performance.
- Build a product marketing team that will serve as product evangelists internally and externally and help optimize the buyer journey.
- Lead our customer advocate program to grow a core group of customers who will serve as references and share the value of Sourcegraph.
- Support sales and marketing efforts by creating high quality product messaging, content, and collateral.
- Lead analyst relations and category strategy.
- Collect and use data to inform planning and strategy development and measure results.
In your first 30 days, you will…
- Build a 30-60-90 plan, including headcount needs.
- Collect feedback from customers, prospects, and internal teams and use it to help inform Sourcegraph’s product vision, positioning, messaging, and value drivers.
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, CE, Sales, and Marketing leaders on our product roadmap.
- Define product marketing goals and the metrics we’ll use to define success.
- Begin to build a product marketing team by hiring amazing people.
- Identify and implement any necessary tools for your team.
- Take ownership of our analyst strategy and relationships.
- Support product launches.
In your first 60 days, you will…
- Help update our business value drivers and product messaging and positioning.
- Act as an internal business observability partner, thoughtfully debugging our funnel, identifying issues at each stage of the buyer’s journey, and collaborating internally to find solutions.
- Create and implement a comprehensive go-to-market strategy and process, in collaboration with Sales, Marketing, CE, and Product teams.
- Support Sales and Marketing by creating high quality messaging and materials, including customer use cases, pitch decks, and product messaging and trainings.
- Own the creation of monthly release notes.
In your first 90+ days, you will…
- Optimize the buyer’s journey by creating collateral that serves the needs of our audience at each stage of the cycle.
- Build a comprehensive repository of sales and marketing materials that communicate the value of Sourcegraph.
- Create and scale an intentional customer advocate program, ensuring that Sales has a powerful pipeline of reference customers, use cases, customer data, and quotes.
- Work with Sales, Marketing, and Product on market segmentation and create messaging and collateral for specific target verticals and use cases.
- Evangelize our product both internally and externally, increasing internal visibility and external awareness with influential developers.
- Experience managing and growing high performing teams.
- 5+ years experience building and scaling successful product marketing programs from the ground up, measuring results, and tinkering to optimize.
- Empathy for developers, and the ability to effectively communicate and build trust with a technical audience.
- Experience developing product vision, positioning and messaging.
- Experience leading GTM strategy and process.
- Experience with pricing and packaging strategy.
- A superlative command of written language and exceptional communication skills.
- Strong aptitude for and experience with business analytics.
- Experience managing analyst relations and category strategy.
- Strong portfolio of work – you should be comfortable creating product messaging, case studies, demos, webinar content, blog posts, pitch decks, tutorials, analyst reports, and more.
- Working knowledge of marketing software and data-analysis tools.
- Previous product management, sales engineering, or customer engineering experience
- Git and/or coding experience
- Experience building a new category
Learn more about us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our handbook.
- You apply here and submit a sample of previous work.
- We set up a 30 minute hiring manager intro call with the VP of Marketing to chat about Sourcegraph, your experience, and what you’re looking for in your next role.
- We schedule a few more hours of interviews:
- 30 min VP of Product
- 30 min VP of Customer Engineering
- 30 min VP of Eng
- 30 min VP of Sales
- 60 min working session to see how your mind works and how we collaborate together
- We check your references.
- We make you a job offer.
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.
Go back to the careers page for all open positions.