What problems does Sourcegraph solve?
Enterprises must build software to survive and thrive, but it’s difficult:
- Codebases are very large and growing quickly.
- Code is becoming more complex and interdependent.
- Application security, privacy, and compliance are more important than ever.
- The amount of legacy code is growing.
- Attracting, training, onboarding, and retaining software engineers is becoming harder.
- The software lifecycle relies on more tools, vendors, and specialized roles than ever.
Key processes in the software lifecycle are slow, manual, and cumbersome:
- Understanding how code works (to fix or enhance it)
- Reusing existing code
- Fixing insecure code across a large codebase
- Migrating away from legacy code
(Also see “Personas”.)
Sourcegraph value proposition
How does Sourcegraph help solve these problems?
Short single sentence
Sourcegraph is the universal code search and automation application for enterprises.
Sourcegraph is the universal code search and automation application, bringing capabilities to every enterprise that previously only Google and Facebook had (and invested $100Ms in to build).
Short message (~50 words)
Sourcegraph is the universal code search and automation application, bringing capabilities to every enterprise that previously only Google and Facebook had (and invested $100Ms in to build). Sourcegraph is the single place in an organization where developers go to discover and understand code and coordinate large-scale changes.
Sourcegraph is a company that creates software to help every organization build software with the quality and efficiency of today’s elite technology companies.
Press release boilerplate
Sourcegraph empowers all developers with an elite set of solutions for universal code search, intelligence, and automation. Code intelligence can help bring the future sooner, and Sourcegraph’s mission is to provide tools that let developers from any organization create quality products by leveraging the best technology available. Sourcegraph is built for companies of all sizes, from startups that need a solid foundation for growth, to the world’s largest enterprises with complex security, scaling, and deployment needs. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and is backed by Redpoint Ventures and Goldcrest Capital. Follow Sourcegraph on Twitter at @srcgraph or visit Sourcegraph.com.
See “Common customer questions”.
Sourcegraph is an application
Sourcegraph is an application, not a platform, tool, product, etc. TODO(sqs): explain why TODO(adamfrankl): update all other mentions in all other pages