We are looking to grow the Customer Engineering team. As a Customer Engineer you will help customers be successful on the front lines, participating as a technical expert in sales calls and demos, owning relationships with existing customers, helping solve and route any issues, and working to ensure that Sourcegraph usage (and satisfaction) grows at all companies, pre- and post-sales.
Our team and our sales are growing fast—we’ve proven strong product-market fit, with wall-to-wall usage, Net Promoter Scores above 60, and tens of thousands of paid daily active users at some of the world’s premier development teams (Uber, Yelp, Lyft, SoFi, Quantcast, and many more).
You will help build the organization that ensures every Sourcegraph customer gets the most value possible out of the product, that every Sourcegraph user trusts it to answer their everyday questions, and that everyone who comes in contact with Sourcegraph sings its praises.
In the first 30 days, you will…
- Go through a week-long training program on our product, our value propositions, our customers, our team, and our processes.
- Go through an additional week-long training program on how Sourcegraph is deployed (e.g., Docker and Kubernetes, scaling, and more), product configuration and integrations, our code base, and common user needs.
- Sit in on 10+ customer and prospect calls to understand our customers’ needs and our pitch to new prospects.
- Dive deep into our metrics (BigQuery, Looker, Google Analytics) and our CRM and marketing suite (HubSpot) to understand how we measure customer engagement.
- Take over (or get involved in) 1–3 of our prospect or customer relationships.
In the first 90 days you will…
- Help build a playbook for tracking customer happiness and building and maintaining long-term relationships.
- Continue to take ownership of more prospect and customer relationships, building a portfolio of 5–15 total accounts.
- Work closely with Sales to plan and execute on renewals and upsells.
- Experience or training as a software engineer or DevOps engineer, and the ability to talk to our customers (who are all developers themselves) fluently.
- (Not essential) experience in a customer-facing function, such as Sales Engineering, Success, Developer Relations, etc.
- An organized approach to work, with demonstrated ability to manage a large pipeline of projects/clients, to make difficult prioritization decisions, and to use data to guide decision-making.
- Enthusiasm for building a new team and new strategy from scratch, and working on challenging open-ended problems.
- Given most of our customers and prospects are located in the U.S., candidates in U.S. timezones are preferred.
Learn more about us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our handbook.
- You apply here.
- We set up a 30 minute call to chat with you about Sourcegraph to find out what you are looking for in your next role.
- We give you a small case study project to see how you would approach the job at Sourcegraph.
- We schedule a few more hours of interviews.
- We check your references.
- We make you a job offer.
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.
Go back to the careers page for all open positions.