Sourcegraph 3.27 release
Sourcegraph 3.27 is now available! For this release, we focused on making Sourcegraph Batch Changes even better, upgraded our minimum supported version of Postgres from 9.6 to 12, and added a new
contains functionality to search.
Batch Changes updates
Batch Changes allows you to automate large-scale code changes with a single declarative file. With a simple UI, Batch Changes makes it easy to track and manage all of your changesets from checks to code reviews until each change is merged. As part of this release you can now define batch change rollout windows allowing you to better control when changes are rolled out, and we added the ability to mark changesets as “archived” when a new batch spec is created.
We updated the minimum supported version of Postgres from 9.6 to 12. If you are maintaining an external database and your Postgres version is older than Postgres 12, you will need to update your database instance prior to upgrading from Sourcegraph 3.26 to 3.27. Read more about why we made this change.
New "contains" functionality
Contains is a new query built-in that enables you to conditionally filter repositories based on the repository contents. For example, you can now search across repositories only if those repositories contain a particular file (like a README), or a particular file with some content (like a CHANGELOG file that includes the word fix).
- Batch ChangesBatch Changes now ignore repositories that contain a `.batchignore` file.
- Application UXThe diff view commit visualization now supports both split and unified views, including hovers, go-to-definition, and find-references.
- Batch ChangesThe site configuration now supports defining batch change rollout windows, which can be used to slow or disable pushing changesets at particular times of day or days of the week.
- AdminBumped the minimum supported version of Postgres from `9.6` to `12`. The upgrade procedure is mostly automated for existing deployments, but may require action if using the single-container deployment or an external database. See the upgrade documentation for your deployment type for detailed instructions.
- Batch ChangesChangesets in batch changes will now be marked as archived instead of being detached when a new batch spec that doesn't include the changesets is applied. Once they're archived users can manually detach them in the UI.
- AdminCreating changesets through Batch Changes as a site-admin without configured Batch Changes credentials has been deprecated. To avoid any interruptions in changeset creation, please configure user or global credentials before Sourcegraph 3.29.
- AdminNew changes of a Perforce depot will now be reflected in `master` branch after the initial clone.
- SearchYou can now search for repos containing multiple patterns using the built-in `contains` predicate: `repo:contains(...)`, `repo:contains.file(...)`, `repo:contains.content(...)`, and `repo:contains.commit.after(...)`.
- AdminUser auth data can now be encrypted in the database using the `encryption.keys` config.
- RepositoriesWe now respect the `disableAutoGitUpdates` setting when cloning or fetching repos on demand and during cleanup tasks that may re-clone old repos.